Fairy Tales Do Come True ... It Could Happen To You



Like everyone who has possibly heard or read the news that Disneyland was coming to the Philippines, I was also quite excited about the possibility of having a Disneyland in the country. Even as a family man, there is still that child in me that gets excited whenever I see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and the rest of the gang.

The last time I saw the Disney gang in person was back in 2009 when the family had a trip to Hong Kong. My daughter was just 3 years old then and may have a vague memory of that trip. For me, personally, I had fun having pictures with Goofy and Mickey and Minnie. And of course, the fireworks display that capped our trip to "The Happiest Place on Earth."

Back here in our country, the closest thing to Disneyland is Enchanted Kingdom in Santa Rosa. The entrance to the park alone is reminiscent of Disneyland. There are the dancers welcoming guests to the park. There are also the exciting and fun rides such as Space Shuttle, Log Jam, Swan Lake, and others as well as attractions such as Rialto.And like in Disneyland, you would not want to miss the fireworks display.

Still the thought of having the real thing in our very own soil is something that excites me. Imagine, you would no longer need to fly to Hong Kong, Japan, or Florida to see the Disney characters we all have loved and adored. While it may not be realized yet, I am looking forward for the dream to become a reality.

Having a Disneyland here augers well for job generation. Many Filipinos will have a chance to work in the park as ride operators, ticketing agents, mascots, dancers, and others. The biggest boost that Disneyland will bring to the Philippines is tourism. I do hope that Disneyland coming to the Philippines will not just be wishful thinking but a reality. Of course, only time will tell.






Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...